New Beginnings Christian Church (NBCC) has various opportunities for small group study. We invite you to join us. Please see below for more information on each study.
Wednesday Night Adult Studies
We have Wednesday Night activities for all ages at 7 p.m. Wednesday night is always the perfect time to commit and get a spiritual boost mid-week. Click here to find out more about Youth activities. Click here to find out more about Kid’s activities.
Our adult activities are:
- Ladies’ Bible Study in the Courtyard, the room is between Room 101 and Room 102,
- They are studying David Platt’s Counter Culture, led by Tracey Porath. In Counter Culture, author David Platt shows Christians how to actively take a stand on such issues as poverty, sex trafficking, marriage, abortion, racism, and religious liberty – and challenges us to become passionate, unwavering voices for Christ.
- Signing Class in Room 102,
- Choir in Room 107,
- A Bible Study in the Sanctuary
- They will begin a 5-week study of Max Lucado’s Anxious for Nothing (finding calm in a chaotic world). Over the past few decades, studies have shown that Americans are the most anxious people in the world. We take the most medication for it, see doctors to treat it, and spend fortunes trying to relieve it. How have we let our fears get the better of us? In Anxious for Nothing, Max Lucado leads readers to reflect on the promises of Philippians 4:4-8. This passage from Paul’s epistle contains an antidote to anxiety that will help you develop a mindset of resilience. Rediscover the power of prayer and take control of your thoughts. You can rest in “the peace of God,which surpasses all understanding.”
Ladies’ Bible Study
What happens when life looks very different from the reality we long for? In “It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way”, Lysa TerKeurst offers a Biblical perspective and hard-won advice to encourage readers facing their own challenges. Find unexpected strength while wrestling between faith and feelings and learn how to stand through uncertainty and trust in God’s goodness. The study begins Monday, January 14, at 7 p.m. The cost of the book is $7. Please sign up in the hallway outside the main office so we can have your book available. Please contact Tammy McCready if you have questions. Childcare is available upon request.
Men’s Bible Study
A Men’s Bible Study is held on Tuesdays at 6:45 a.m. in Room 101 of the Educational Building. Contact Tom Stambaugh at home (886-2453), cell (453-4314) or at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. The men are currently following this study guide.
We hope to see you there. Bible Study with others is an essential part of spiritual growth and spiritual health. Pray about it and make time to get into His Word!