New Beginnings Christian Church (NBCC) has various opportunities for small group study. We invite you to join us. Please see below for more information on each study.
Wednesday Night Adult Studies
We have Wednesday Night activities for all ages at 7 p.m. Wednesday night is always the perfect time to commit and get a spiritual boost mid-week. Click here to find out more about Youth activities. Click here to find out more about Kid’s activities.
Our adult activities are:
- Ladies’ Bible Study in the Courtyard, the room is between Room 101 and Room 102,
- They are studying David Platt’s Counter Culture, led by Tracey Porath. In Counter Culture, author David Platt shows Christians how to actively take a stand on such issues as poverty, sex trafficking, marriage, abortion, racism, and religious liberty – and challenges us to become passionate, unwavering voices for Christ.
- Signing Class in Room 102,
- Choir in Room 107,
- A Bible Study in the Sanctuary
- They are studying Max Lucado’s Anxious for Nothing (finding calm in a chaotic world). Over the past few decades, studies have shown that Americans are the most anxious people in the world. We take the most medication for it, see doctors to treat it, and spend fortunes trying to relieve it. How have we let our fears get the better of us? In Anxious for Nothing, Max Lucado leads readers to reflect on the promises of Philippians 4:4-8. This passage from Paul’s epistle contains an antidote to anxiety that will help you develop a mindset of resilience. Rediscover the power of prayer and take control of your thoughts. You can rest in “the peace of God,which surpasses all understanding.”
Ladies’ Bible Study
One of the greatest challenges among women in our culture is taking time to cease from all the activities and just breathe. We are in bondage to busyness. In the Old Testament, Sabbath was given to the Israelites as a gift, and it is still a gift to us today. If you are weary, worn out, and exhausted, then the concept of Sabbath will change your life. This 5-week study Breathe, by Priscilla Shirer, starts Monday, April 29, at 6:30 p.m. in Room 102. Email the NBCC Office if you are interested in the study. The study guide cost is $10.
Men’s Bible Study
A Men’s Bible Study is held on Tuesdays at 6:45 a.m. in Room 101 of the Educational Building. Contact Tom Stambaugh at home (886-2453), cell (453-4314) or at email@example.com for more information. The men are currently following this study guide.
We hope to see you there. Bible Study with others is an essential part of spiritual growth and spiritual health. Pray about it and make time to get into His Word!