The NBCC library exists to supply materials for Bible study,
spiritual growth, and limited Christian entertainment.
The library is a quiet place to study, pray, or check out materials for home use.
God’s Library now has a catalog of books to borrow organized by category in the BLUE BINDER on the library desk. As God’s Library continues to grow, God-centered books or suggestions for the following age groups are welcome:
- Grade School – 5 years to 11 years
- Middle School – 12 years to 14 years
- High School – 15 years to 18 years
- College & Career – 18 years to 25 years
You may check out & borrow any of the books in God’s Library by writing your name and the date on the card at the back of the book and placing the card in the box provided on the library desk.
If a book you want to read has been checked out by someone else, you may reserve it when it is returned by leaving a note at the NBCC office or email the church librarians with “God’s Library” in the subject line.
If you have any other comments or questions, your NBCC God’s Library librarians are: Deborah Shanley, Denise Meech, and Sharon Campbell. Your comments are welcome and helpful.
We have received many wonderful book donations to God’s Library in the past few months; especially the kids’ faith-based books. Keep the blessings coming, Praise God! Items donated to God’s Library will be reviewed by the NBCC Ministry Staff. To communicate with God’s Library, email with “LIBRARY” in the subject line.
The books listed below are on a separate shelf labeled “Grief Share” on the first tall bookcase on your right as you enter the library. Click here for more information about each book.
- Surviving the Loss of a Child: Support for Grieving Parents by Elizabeth B. Brown
- Where is God When We Suffer? by Lynn Gardner
- Death and the Life After by Billy Graham
- Grieving With Hope: Finding Comfort as You Journey Through Loss by Samuel J. Hodges IV & Kathy Leonard
- Grief: Living at Peace With Loss by June Hunt
- We Lived With Dying by Margaret Woods Johnson
- Her Choice to Heal: Finding Spiritual & Emotional Peace After Abortion by Sydna Masse
- Hope Sandwich: finding your recipe in life after loss by Millie Nohren
- Children and Grief: Helping Your Child Understand Death by Joey O’Connor
- Your Daddy Did Not Die by Daniel A. Poling
- Relief from Grief: Your Relationship with God, the Key to Recovery by James E. Price
- When Your Soul Aches: Hope and Help for Women Who Have Lost Their Husbands by Lois Mowday Rabey
- Grieving Your Path Back to Peace by James R. White
- Gone but Not Lost: Grieving the Death of a Child by David W. Wiersbe
- Experiencing Grief by H. Norman Wright
- Recovering from Losses in Life by H. Norman Wright
- Where is GOD When it Hurts? by Philip Yancey
- A Journey Through Grief: Life Beyond the Broken Heart by Julie Yarbrough
- The Empty Chair: Handling Grief on Holidays and Special Occasions by Susan J. Zonnebelt-Smeenge, R.N., EdD & Robert C. DeVries, D. Min., Ph.D.
Four new sections labeled “WORSHIP”, “STUDY”, “SERVE”, & “EVANGELIZE” have been added on the Sanctuary side of God’s Library beneath the “TROY’S & KRISTIAN’S RECOMMENDED READINGS” shelf. We are continually adding new titles so be sure to keep checking.
Recommendations for Reading from the Ministry Staff:
1 “The Practice of the Presence of God” by Brother Lawrence
2 “Mere Christianity” by CS Lewis
3 “The Knowledge of the Holy” by A.W. Tozer
4 “The Jesus I Never Knew” by Philip Yancey
5 “Basic Christianity” by John R.W. Stott
6 “Celebration of Discipline” by Richard Foster
7 “The Five Love Languages” by Gary Chapman
8 “Praying Jesus’ Way” by Brian J. Dodd
9 “The Cost of Discipleship” by Dietrich Bonhoeffer
10 “Messy Spirituality” by Mike Yaconelli
11 “Halley’s Bible Handbook” by Henry Halley
12 “Purpose Driven Church” by Rick Warren
13 “God’s Psychiatry” by Charles L. Allen
14 “The Case For Faith” by Lee Strobel
15 “New Testament History of Acts” by Charles Reese
16 “Good to Great in God’s Eyes” by Chip Ingram
17 “Evidence That Demands a Verdict” by Josh McDowell
18 “In His Steps” by Charles Sheldon
19 “Jesus the King” by Timothy Keller
20 “The Irresistible Revolution” by Shane Claiborne
21 “The Case for Christ” by Lee Strobel
22 “Think like Jesus” by George Barna
23 “The Great Omission” by Steve Saint
24 “Crazy Love” by Frances Chan
25 “Wild at Heart” by John Eldredge
26 “Foxe’s Book of Martyrs” by John Foxe
27 “The Screwtape Letters” by C. S. Lewis
28 “Jesus Freaks” by D. C. Talk