We invite you to join us during one of our many fellowship opportunities!
Sunday Seminars in July
On Sunday nights in JULY (07/01, 07/08, 07/15, 07/22, 07/29) from 6 – 7:30 p.m. we will have “The Gospel in Real Life” seminars. Childcare will be provided. These Sunday night events will be focusing on issues in which we need to give ourselves some grace. Jimmy Trent and Michelle Horton (Biblical Counselors with Heart Song Counseling) will present 5 seminars in the Sanctuary designed to dig into some sensitive areas we might be dealing with:
- 07/01 – “Restoring Broken Relationships”
- 07/08 – “Bringing Runaway Emotions & Longings Under God’s Rule”
- 07/15 – “Self-Image”
- 07/22 – “Marriage”
- 07/29 – “Mental Illness”
Memorize Scripture in July
This coming month let us all dedicate ourselves to memorizing some Scripture. The theme for July at NBCC is ‘grace.’ The passages below all focus on grace. Look up the following passages in your Bible and write them out a few times. Write them on a post-it note or an index card so you can look at them often. When you pray, think about them. Talk about each verse with someone over a meal. Maybe write them out and leave some blanks to fill in. Write one word on each index card and then mix them up and put them in order. There are lots of ways to memorize verses. Memorize one passage a week during July:
- July 1-7 – “Those who cling to worthless idols forfeit the grace that could be theirs.” Jonah 2:8 NIV1984
- July 8-14 – “For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.” John 1:17 NIV1984
- July 15-21 – “All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.” Romans 3:23-24 NIV1984
- July 22-28 – “What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?” Romans 6:1-2 NIV1984
All Church Breakfast & Work Day – Saturday, August 11
The second Saturday of the month is the “All Church Breakfast and Workday.” The next workday is Saturday, August 11 when men, women, husbands, fathers, kids, and grandkids of all shapes and sizes…are invited to join us at 8 a.m. for breakfast. At 8:30 a.m. we will form groups and get projects done until around 10:30 a.m. Some of the projects are at the church and some in the community. Colossians 3:23-24 says, “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.”
- Please make the All Church Breakfast and Workday a normal part of your monthly routine!
- Please encourage the able-bodied folks in your family to get up and come!
- Please bring your sons and daughters and instill the discipline of service in them!
- Please prayerfully give God three hours once a month in physical labor for Him!
Scrips (Gift Cards) Available
Just a reminder we have Scrips (i.e., Gift Cards) available every Sunday. This is an ongoing fundraiser for our CWF (Christian Women’s Fellowship). Gift cards from various restaurants, stores, etc. are available and even more can be ordered (delivered the next Sunday). You purchase the gift card and our church gets a percentage of the sale proceeds. The Scrips can be found in the Family Life Center following the 8 a.m. Inside and 8:30 a.m. Drive-In Services and at the Foyer Welcome Center following the 10:30 a.m. Inside Service.
Sanctuary flowers can be ordered to honor or remember someone. The 2018 price is $30. You can then take the flowers home after the service. We only ask that you bring back the container for recycling. Contact the NBCC office (813-837-3451) or email us if you want to honor or remember someone with the Sunday flowers. Your check can be sent to NBCC @ 4100 S. Manhattan Ave., Tampa, FL 33611.
Men’s Clothing Request
NBCC currently does not have the area to collect men’s clothing for Manhattan Baptist Church’s clothes closet. Please take your clothing donation directly to Manhattan Baptist Church at 4300 S. Manhattan Ave., Tampa, FL 33611.
John Meisenbach Scholarship
Johnson University – Florida has established a scholarship in John’s name. Donations should be sent directly to Johnson University – Florida at 1011 Bill Beck Blvd., Kissimmee, FL 34744 with “John Meisenbach” in the memo portion of the check.